Location: Throughout the Cotswolds
- Have parenting experience?
- Enjoy spending time with children?
- Like meeting new people?
- Have good communication skills and a non-judgmental attitude?
- Have a few hours to spare each week?
If you answered ‘yes’, you could train to become a Home-start volunteer and start to make a difference to a local family’s life. Home-Start Cotswolds is a local charity that offers emotional and practical support and friendship to families and young children who are experiencing a difficult time. Volunteers are matched with a family and visit each week for a few hours. Volunteers might offer a listening ear to a mum who is struggling with post-natal depression, help an isolated family access services, or provide an extra pair of hands to a family with twins, etc.
- Free 40 hour preparation training
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Regular supervision and support
- Out of pocket expenses paid
A full DBS clearance is required for this role.
Training commences in Cirencester in January 2018 and runs for 10 Wednesday mornings during school hours.
If you would like to contact us we would be happy to discuss any queries you have.